Here are the results from Archer Airguns first "Gold Service" test of a customer's Stoeger X50 air rifle. This is an excellent airgun and it was a pleasure to ship such a nice air rifle to our first X50 customer!
Standard "Gold Service" testing conditions: indoors, 10 shots at 10 yards range, muzzle velocity, accuracy and trigger pull tested.
- Average muzzle velocity 1,100.5 fps with 7.93 Grain Crosman Premier Light pellets.
- Standard deviation 5.38 fps.
- Muzzle energy 21.33 ft/lbs.
- Group size 0.5-in vertical, 0.75-in horizontal, CTC.
- Trigger pull weight 4lbs 0oz
My impressions are as follows:
- Muzzle velocity matches the claimed 1,200 fps with lead pellets fairly well.
- Accuracy is better than I can shoot it! Twice I put successive pellets through the same hole, but I'm not a good springer shot (not consistent enough) and my group drifted out horizontally as I shot. I'm sure the customer will do better than me!
- Dieseling was almost completely absent. Shot-to-shot consistency (Standard Deviation) was very good for a springer at 5.38 fps over 10 shots before the gun is broken-in - that's average consistency for a QB78, for example.
- Trigger pull was much lighter than expected. In fact I double-checked the reading to be sure.
- This is a BIG air rifle! I'm 6-ft 2-in tall and I had to stretch to break the barrel.
- Scope is fine and I obtained a good cheek weld against the Monte Carlo-style stock comb.
- Operation was smooth and good.
- Surprisingly comfortable to shoot for such a large air rifle.
The scope is pre-mounted and quite well sighted on target - certainly shootable out of the box with only minor sighting-in required for personal vision and pellet combinations.
I'm impressed with what I've experienced of the Stoeger X10, X20 and X50 air rifles so far!